Sunday, June 7, 2015

Oh, by the way...we're bikers...

Something you may not have know is that we are a biker family...I'm not talking your Honda-wanna be Sportster 883 riders I'm talking your bad a$$ rough and tough Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide HOG's. Lies, lies, lies-well it is true we do have a Super Glide BUT by no means are we bad a$$...I'm wearing my knock off sperry's, sometimes flip flops, wal-mart sunglasses, trying to figure out how those girls get their bandannas to not blow off & why they hate bras! I've been pregnant so much the last 3 years that the only time I ride is when I'm ready for a baby to get out of my belly! 
A funny tid bit is that the bike is mine, mine MINE!!! Charlie spent a year in Iraq (from 2009-2010) so when we received our income tax refund we purchased the bike. Well, he had been looking and looking and working crazy hours through the Union Hall so my sister and I decided to head out to the Harley store with the 4 daycare kids. We walked into that store all confident and feeling tough, but the sales person kept trying to get us to buy T-shirts!! I finally said you can give me that T-shirt for free after I buy my bike (grunt grunt). After I mouthed off all the biker terms and definitions Charlie made me memorize and got out the check book he finally realized I was serious. Since I was the one there and paying for it (with the hubby's money that is) the bike went in to my name...it was my insurance before knowing how much I'd get in child support for 4 kids!! WooHoo!! (KIDDING) 
Our riding time has seen a dramatic decline since the kiddies, but this year we did make it back to bike week-we rode in the parade with our super cool tough guy friend Shawn, attended a Colt Ford concert where I realized how incredibly short I am and ate bad fatty/fried food. Now we are back to reality sporting amazingly embarrassing tan lines with the bike in the shed awaiting the next "Your going riding and leaving me with all of these kids" argument...





No comments:

Post a Comment