Sunday, June 7, 2015

SOMETIMES, husband's do know what they're doing... (& wives don't)

I have a slight obsession with collecting tables and storing them in my basement for projects; over the last year I have done a pretty good job giving most of them away. After my most recent pinterest fail (my dining table topper is now a headboard) I went back to the drawing board. I randomly purchased a bar height table from a garage sale site since our family needed a tall table that was out of reach of toddler hands.  I was 9 months pregnant and the chick lived on the 3rd floor, we took legs off, chairs apart and so on trying to get this thing out! Anyhow after I brought it in I noticed it smelled, then trying to clean it noticed the sticky-ness :( I remembered that I had another table downstairs we had recently taken apart. My great idea was to use the frame of the bar, paint it and the chairs white and add the other table top. After wrestling this table once again and finally getting it outside then trying to get the top off (which was glued down) the husband entered...he took the legs off the bar added them to the table top and voila! Done in 5 minutes, all I have left to do is paint. Are you kidding me? I'm happy it's done but at what expense? I mean here I am writing a blog about my husband being (choke) right? AND efficient AND A PROBLEM SOLVER? That's my area of expertise, I'm not sure how I feel about this exactly...

The smelly, sticky & a tad to small table before...



The wrestling match...


The top I wanted on the bar...


The finished build, just needs painted!


In case you were wondering my pinterest table top fail...


Painted plank boards to double the table size...


Then as our new headboard...




No comments:

Post a Comment